Summer's Coolest Wax Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Summer's Coolest Wax (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia) and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law. Employees of Gold Canyon International, LLC, Ideas Collide, Inc., ePrize, LLC, and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Gold Canyon International, LLC, 6205 South Arizona Avenue, Chandler, AZ, 85248, U.S.A. Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069, U.S.A.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on May 1, 2010 and ends on August 31, 2010 (the "Promotion Period").
4. How to Enter:
a) Purchase Specially-Marked Products: During the Promotion Period, purchase a specially-marked 16 oz. Heritage Candle or Scent Pod either from a home party, Gold Canyon Demonstrator or online at www.goldcanyon.com. If your 16 oz. Heritage Candle or Scent Pod contains a Summer Sun Game Piece coin with a winning message (found by using the product to melt wax completely), you are the potential winner of the prize indicated, subject to verification. Call the telephone number on the coin before October 31, 2010, for further instructions and to claim your prize.
b) Free Mail-In Method of Entry: To enter without purchasing a specially-marked product, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address (if any), and age on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it with proper postage to "Summer's Coolest Wax", c/o ePrize, LLC, P.O. Box 1723, Grand Rapids, MI 49501-1723. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) request per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten, postmarked by September 1, 2010 and received by September 8, 2010. All requests become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due requests, which will be disqualified.
Distribution of Prizes: A total of fifty (50) prizes will be randomly distributed between the purchase and free methods of entry. Administrator will randomly select a number of game pieces to be distributed in specially-marked products and the potential winners of the remaining number of game pieces will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received through the free method of entry, described in Section 4(b) above.
Odds: The odds of winning a prize through a product purchase depend on the number of game pieces randomly selected to be distributed in products. The odds of winning a prize through the free method of entry depend on the number of game pieces randomly selected to be chosen through a random drawing from among all eligible mail-in entries received during the Promotion Period.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
5. Winner Determination:
a) For Game Pieces: Each potential winner who finds a Summer Sun Game Piece in his/her specially-marked product must call 1 (866) 419-0786 on or before October 31, 2010 to provide his/her name, email address and phone number, along with the code and the prize name on the game piece. The toll-free number will be available Monday Friday, 9:00 5:00 Eastern Time from May 1, 2010 to October 31, 2010. Then, each potential winner must send the original Game Piece, along with his/her name, address (no P.O. Boxes), email address, and phone number on a plain piece of paper, via certified mail, return receipt requested, to "Summer's Coolest Wax," c/o ePrize Fulfillment Services, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069 U.S.A., for receipt by November 8, 2010 to claim his/her prize. All Game Pieces submitted for redemption become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. If a Game Piece is determined to have been tampered with in any way, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the potential winner. Claims are subject to verification and anti-fraud detection devices may be used to verify each potential winner. Game Pieces will be void if they fail to pass anti-fraud detection measures or if they are found to have been reproduced, altered, forged, defaced, tampered with, mutilated, stolen, un-issued, unauthorized or illegible in any way. A Game Piece will also be considered void if defective, if it contains printing or other mechanical errors, was printed or produced in error, or if game piece was not obtained via legitimate means. No prize will be awarded to the holder of any Game Piece which is determined to be void or otherwise ineligible, as determined by Sponsor and Administrator in their sole discretion. If a potential winner fails to call the toll-free number or to send in his/her Game Piece within the required time period, he/she forfeits the prize which will remain un-awarded.
b) For Random Drawing: Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding, will select the randomly-determined number of prize winners through a random drawing from all eligible mail-in entries received during the Promotion Period at approximately 12:00 p.m. ET on or around September 15, 2010. The potential winners will be notified by email, mail or phone. If a potential winner selected through the random drawing for any prize worth more than $25 USD is disqualified for any reason, up to three (3) alternate winners will be selected through random drawings, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
For All Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Except where prohibited, each potential winner of a prize worth $600 or more (parent/legal guardian if a winner is a minor in his/her place of residence) will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release ("Affidavit") (or Declaration of Compliance, if potential winner is a Canadian resident), which must be received by Administrator within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If any potential winner is a Canadian resident, he/she will be required to answer a time-limited, skill-testing question without assistance, in order to be eligible to receive a prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to claim a prize, fails to send in the winning game piece within the required time period, fails to sign and return the Affidavit (or Declaration of Compliance) within the required time period (if applicable), fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly (if applicable), or if prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. Non-travel prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8 - 10 weeks after the applicable winner is confirmed.
6. Prizes: ONE (1) CRUISE PRIZE: Vouchers for a Celebrity Cruise vacation for four (4), terms and conditions of vouchers apply; and $1,600 in Visa gift cards that may be used for air transportation from a major airport near winner's home to cruise departure location. Winner must use vouchers within one (1) year from the date winner is confirmed or prize will be forfeited. Vouchers may be used subject to availability and blackout dates. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the prize description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, beverages, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, airline fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless child of winner, each travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. If winner is over eighteen (18) yet still a minor in his/her place of residence, at least one (1) travel companion must be winner's parent/legal guardian. Travel companion may be required to execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Winner and travel companions are solely responsible for obtaining valid passports and any other documents necessary for international travel, if necessary. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if cruise or any excursion or event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor's sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $5,500 USD. Actual value may vary based on airfare or cruise fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. ONE (1) $5,000 PRIZE: A $5,000 check. ARV: $5,000 USD. ONE (1) $1,000 PRIZE: A $1,000 check. ARV: $1,000 USD. ONE (1) GOLF PRIZE: One (1) set of Men's golf clubs and one (1) set of Women's golf clubs, fulfilled as a Visa gift card. ARV: $800 USD. ONE (1) BICYCLE PRIZE: One (1) Men's bicycle and one (1) Woman's bicycle, fulfilled as a Visa gift card. ARV: $700 USD. ONE (1) COMPUTER PRIZE: A Netbook (all details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). ARV: $500 USD. The ARV of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. FORTY-FOUR (44) HAT PRIZES: A Gold Canyon Hat (color, size and style determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). ARV: $20 USD.
For All Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Total ARV for all prizes: $14,380 USD. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Ideas Collide, Inc., Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, prize, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state or province for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing or minting errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that, if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan U.S.A.; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan, U.S.A.
13. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than March 8, 2011. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: "Summer's Coolest Wax, Winner List Request," to WinListRequests@eprizefulfillment.com.
© 2010 ePrize, LLC. All rights reserved.